Our granddaughter owned a house that belonged to her father-in-law, but the hour our hubby walked in, he told her there was no way he was going to allow her to take our great-grandsons into the house, but whoever had hung the ceiling lights had them clogged into electrical cords that were part of extension cords! Duct tape held together everything together, as well as the wood stove in the living had duct tape wrapped around the pipe to keep it togetherâ€¦ He told her the first thing she was going to get was an electricianâ€¦ She needed an electrician before moving inâ€¦ My hubby was an electrician by trade, even though he had been retired for so long that he wasn’t sure he knew all the electrical codes as well as he wanted our grandsons to be safe.
He called a neighbor who was still laboring as an electrician as well as asked him if he would come to the house as well as look at the electrical system.
When Pete walked into the house, his mouth dropped open. He said there were more electrical troubles in this house than there were mouse droppings, as well as they were all over the counters as well as floors. He said he could redo the electrical system, however it was on our granddaughter to hire an exterminator as well as get the woodwork repaired. There were holes everywhere that the rodents had chewedâ€¦ If it had been up to our hubby as well as his neighbor Pete, they would have burned the house down as well as rebuilt it from scratch. I couldn’t think her father-in-law thought this house was habitable, especially for his grandchildren.