Carbon monoxide was a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that could kill if not detected early enough
When the HVAC technician came to the house last week, he quickly took care of the furnace and then he came upstairs and told me what was wrong. I did not know what he was talking about most of the time as he talked about this component and that component. I talked to him and asked questions, but he was using the HVAC vernacular that I just didn’t understand. He sounded like my doctor as he got all technical and I tuned him out. When my husband got home, I told him what had happened and said I didn’t know what he did, and how many repairs he had to make. My husband went over the papers and he had to admit he really didn’t understand what the young man was talking about, but he was going to find out. He called the HVAC company and asked if someone could decipher what the HVAC technician wrote. They explained about different components and one of them needed replaced, but it wasn’t conceivable. Replacing the component would be very expensive, and it could leave the furnace compromised. He said the furnace could end up having by-products escape, which could include carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide was a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that could kill if not detected early enough. I told them to replace the furnace, but I didn’t want another gas furnace. I preferred something without ductwork and asked about a ductless HVAC system. We had already talked about central air conditioning, and the ductless HVAC system appeared to be the best choice for us.