I had been doing some early Spring cleaning to make room for the gifts I had obtained for Christmas. I set all our old clothes out to donate to charity as well as was putting them in a big pile when I observed an ugly dark spot in the back of our closet. I wasn’t sure what it was, but our mind instantaneously went to black mold. I contacted the local Heating, Ventilation, as well as A/C business as well as told them I thought I had black mold growing in our closet. I took all our clothing out of the closet as well as washed them with a special detergent, as well as kept the closet door open until the Heating, Ventilation, as well as A/C tech arrived. It was just a small patch of mold, but she said it looked as if I may have a leak around the chimney. That meant I had to have our roof repaired to keep the leaks from coming down the chimney. I also had a nasty draft in the closet. I would have thought that the air movement would have kept the mold at bay, but I was wrong. She tested out my walk-in closet as well as said there was an air vent in there, but it wasn’t letting air in. When she opened up the air vent, she chuckled. She asked if I had lost anything lately. There was a wet blouse stuck in the air vent. I remember putting it down there one night because of the water coming through the air vent, as well as I was afraid it would take the stain out of our black dress. She said if I hadn’t put the blouse in the air vent to block the water, I may not have the mold, as well as I was lucky it hadn’t caused a fire.